Race Someone Your Own Size
No matter your age, you have your own Spartan! So why let your children in front of your TV whereas you can bring them with you to teach them sport values?
Spartan Kids Open Race
The Spartan Kids Race is where we encourage kids to jump, run, get muddy, help each other, and have a good time while conquering obstacles. You are never too young to set goals and celebrate accomplishing them – an epic feeling that’s universal.
Three Race Distances for Three Age Groups
- 4-6 years old: around 800m / 7-10 obstacles.
- 7-9 years old: around 1.6k / 10-14 obstacles.
- 10-15 years old: around 3.2k / 14-17 obstacles.
Spartan Kids Competitive Heat
We want the Kids to live the excitement of the Sport competition!
For racers ages 10-14 seeking a heightened level of competition, we introduce the Competitive Heat at some events in Europe, that requires racers to attempt all obstacles and includes a 15 burpee penalty for all failed obstacles. The top three male and female racers will be awarded and recognized with a podium ceremony.
1 RACE DISTANCE – 2 AGE GROUPS
- 12 – 14 years heats– 3200 meters
- 10 – 11 years heats – 3200 meters
WHAT’S MORE: TIMING, AWARDS AND MEDALS
The Kids who start in Competitive Heats, will receive:
- A special orange wristband with their timing chips
- Special medals who will be awarded during the ceremony to the top 3 kids in each age group, held within the event schedule.
- Get your special award medal and live the emotions to jump on the podium.
RULES & RESTRICTIONS
- The rule of the age counts at the end of the year like for Adult AG (Example 1: Race in Morzine in July 2020. Participant is 11 years old in July at the race but turns 12 before the 31.12.2020. Therefore, in Competitive heat this participant is grouped in 12-14 at the event in Morzine)
- kids have to be 10 y.o. minimum on race day.
- Kids that turn 15 in 2020 cannot race in competitive heat but can only race in Open
- Only competitive heats will be timed and all participants must wear their timing chips
- Marshall who follow the Kids on Competitive Heats will be present along the course
- 15 burpees are the penalty for failed or missed obstacles.
Rule book is available here.
SPARTAN KIDS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Spartan Kids World Championship is the event of the year for those athletes that want to reach the next level. Little athletes from all over the world will converge to take part to this memorable race.
Kids that run in a competitive heat and will arrive in the TOP 3, will be automatically qualified to the 2020 Spartan Kids World Championships.
All participants who qualified, will receive their qualification email 2-4 weeks after the event.
Here you can find more information
Introducing in 2020 is also the Kids Trifecta. The Kids Trifecta includes 3 races within the trifecta year.
To earn the Trifecta medal, all the participant must sign up online and they need to race in 3 different events within the same region / country. A regional Trifecta only.
Trifecta medal is indipendent from the distances of the race (800m, 1600m, 3200m) what is important, is that the kids complete 3 different events.
Here the Countries to complete a regional Trifecta Kids:
- Kids Trifecta DACH
- Kids Trifecta Italy
- Kids Trifecta Spain
- Kids Trifecta France
- Spartan Kids Finishers Medal
- Spartan Kids Finisher t-shirt
- Spartan Kids Headband
- SERIOUS BRAGGING RIGHTS
How to manage my registration?
1) Go to the Spartan Kids Zone where you will be welcomed by our team.
You will have to:
- Present an ID (kid legal representative person);
- Sign a waiver;
- CAUTION: medical certificate is not mandatory but we just want to insist on your responsibility to estimate if your kid is able to do this type of effort or not. Courses are accessible and secured by our team but this is a particular physical effort that your kid is probably not used to, so we strongly recommend that kids should constantly practice such efforts.
Heats are defined by age group and you can select your heat time during registration.
All kids will receive a tee-shirt, a medal, mud and plenty of memories and stories to tell…like adults!